Applicants can view complete job description and print an application at www.lcmcisd.org. Applications are also available at the LCM Administration Office at 6586 FM 1130, Orange, TX 77632. Completed applications must be submitted to LCM Administration, 6586 FM 1130, Orange, TX 77632.
Secondary Math Teacher Date Posted: 06/29/2016 Starting date: January 2, 2017 Commitment: Full time employment Qualification: CTE certified, other trade certified, and/or experience as appropriate Contact person: Administration Office-HR PO BOX 218, Burkeville, TX 75932 Phone: (409) 565-2201
The Region 3 Education Service Center is one of 20 service centers in Texas. Region 3 ESC is dedicated to
providing assistance and training to school districts and their personnel toward the goal of
improving student achievement. Region 3 ESC services 39 school districts with approximately
54,000 students in an 11 county area. The districts encompass 166 campuses. Region 3 ESC is a
non-regulatory agency dedicated to excellence in education through leadership, partnership and service.
With an annual budget over 12 million, the 121 employees of Region 3 ESC meet the needs of our schools by
providing a wide variety of programs and services to include: administrative and business support; curriculum,
instruction and assessment; data services, Early Childhood Intervention; technology and telecommunications; and
other specialized services.
The preferred and most trusted provider for educational products and services that guarantee viable solutions.
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer for the Board of Directors and provides leadership
for the development and implementation of programs and services to assist school districts improve student performance, enable schools to operate more efficiently and economically and implement initiatives assigned by the legislature or commissioner of education.
• Hold an advanced degree in educational administration or a related field from an accredited university
• Superintendent experience preferred
• Demonstrated strong commitment to student achievement
• Minimum of 7 years administrative experience in an educational institution
• Successful experience in supervision of personnel
• Knowledge of the financial operations of a public education institution
• Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in education, instruction, efficiency and economy
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of the role of Education Service Centers in providing assistance to schools
The salary and benefits for the position of Executive Director will commensurate with the experience
and guidelines approved by the Board of Directors.
A full description of the Executive Director position and the application are posted on the Region 3 ESC
- Three years experience as classroom teacher - Two years experience in instructional leadership roles, preferably at the elementary level - Experience as building principal preferred - Texas Mid-Management Certification, Principal Certification or equivalent - Masters Degree - Certified Appraiser in Professional Development Appraisal System (perhaps T-TESS) - Valid Texas Teacher Certificate - Working Knowledge of Curriculum - Strong communication, public relations and interpersonal skills - Ability to evaluate programs and teaching effectiveness
ESC Employees: Submit a letter of interest to Human Resources and copy the letter to the appropriate Executive Director/Associate Executive Director and your supervisor(s).
Outside Applicants: Submit a completed application by going to www.esc5.net, click on Employment. If this is your first time to apply, you will need to create a login/password by clicking on Register located in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
Assess the educational, learning styles, and program needs of
students referred to special education services. Work cooperatively with
instructional personnel to provide the most appropriate instructional
programs for students with disabilities.
Special Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of diagnostic procedures, education of special education students, human development, and learning theories Ability to interpret data Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills