Starting Salary Range: Contingent Upon Experience Length of Work Year: 12 months/232 days
Primary Purpose: To provide professional development and technical
assistance to LEAs and private school systems within the Region 5 area
according to needs assessment and TEA recommendations in the area of Special
Education by addressing the needs of preschool aged students.
Master's Degree required
Special Education Certification
1. Knowledge of Federal and State Rules and Regulations specific to
- Areas of Emphasis
1. Provide training and technical assistance in planning, implementing
and evaluating special education programs for LEAs through the identification
of campus needs, district needs and regional needs.
2. Maintain awareness of new and innovative programs by attending local,
regional and state conferences.
3. Act as facilitator of information between TEA and LEAs as need arises.
4. Assist LEAs in locating resources to meet the needs of students with
5. Participate in statewide leadership networks and/or groups.
6. Develop and maintain appropriate data to be used to evaluate the
effectiveness and efficiency of LEA special education programs.
7. Extensive travel both in and out of region.
1. Supervisor of Program Assistant