REGION 5 EDUCATION SERVICE CENTER
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Special Education
Pay Grade: Based on experience
Department: Special Education
Division: Instructional Services
Primary Purpose: The mission of the Special Education Department of Region 5 Education Service Center is to provide professional development and technical assistance to Local Education Agencies (LEAs) and other entities within the Region 5 area according to needs assessments and TEA recommendations in order to meet the individual needs of students with disabilities.
Education: Master’s Degree
Certification: Special Education/Educational Diagnostician
Knowledge of Federal and State Rules and Regulations Specific to Special Education
Emphasis in areas of :
Evaluation of Students with Disabilities (including Dyslexia Evaluation)
Students with Multiple Exceptionalities and Multiple Needs
504 as it Relates to Special Education
Disproportionate Representation of Student Populations in Special Education
ARD Meeting Supports
1. Provide training and technical assistance in planning, implementing and evaluating special education programs for LEAs through the identification of campus needs, district needs and regional needs.
2. Maintain awareness of new and innovative programs by attending local, regional, state and/or national conferences and act as facilitator of information between TEA and LEAs as needed.
3. Assist LEAs in locating resources to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
4. Participate in state-wide leadership networks and/or groups.
5. Develop and maintain appropriate data to be used to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of LEA special education programs.
• Multi-tasking, scheduling and meeting multiple deadlines
• Maintain ongoing and immediate communication with clients
• Work cooperatively with a wide range of programs and personalities
• Maintain confidentiality
• Extensive travel - both in and out of region
• Evening sessions as needed