Work under minimum
supervision to ensure the efficient operation of the administrator's office. Handle confidential information and engage in frequent contact
levels of district employees, outside agencies, and the general public. Responsible for on-site
leadership of clerical employees assigned.
Ensure efficient operation
of school administrative office and provide clerical services for school’s
High school diploma or
and file maintenance skills
use software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
Ability to maintain
accurate and auditable records
Knowledge of basic
Ability to follow verbal
and written instructions
Ability to perform a
variety of tasks often changing assignment on short notice
communication, and interpersonal skills
Two years secretarial
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Records, Reports, and Correspondence
1. Prepare campus communications, correspondence, forms,
manuals, reports, purchase orders, and payment authorizations following
district standards and requirements. Prepare instructional materials and as
2. Maintain a daily teacher attendance log and records for
substitute teachers. Monitor and process time records including leave requests
and reports. Compile information and submit to central office according to
established procedures and deadlines.
3. Maintain school calendar of events.
4. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and
other documents as required. Maintain student records according to established
Reception and Phones
5. Receive incoming calls, take reliable messages, and
route to appropriate staff.
6. Assist students, teachers, and parents as needed.
7. Schedule meetings and appointments and maintain
calendar for principal.
Accounting and Inventory
8. Prepare and make cash deposits for activity account(s).
May be responsible for maintenance of activity check register(s) and ledger(s).
9. Assist with campus budget preparation and maintain
accurate records of expenditures. Prepare and process purchase orders and
receive, store, and issue supplies and equipment.
10. Maintain inventory of fixed assets, equipment, and
11. Assist with planning, preparation, and setup of faculty
meetings and campus activities.
12. Sort, distribute, or deliver mail and other documents.
13. Administer medication to students, check temperatures,
and notify parents of student illness in nurse’s absence.
14. Maintain confidentiality.
Monitor the work of
campus secretaries and clerical aides.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping,
pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use
of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under
document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this
job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may
be assigned or skills that may be required.