Region 5 Education Service Center Job Opportunity
Position: Program Coordinator: Texas Lesson Study
Department: Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
Location: Edison Plaza, 350 Pine St., Ste. 500, Beaumont, Texas
Deadline for Applications: Until Position is Filled
Starting Salary: $57,660 contingent upon experience and skills
Length of Work Year: 12 months, 231 Days
Education: Master’s Degree Required
Qualifications: Five years of educational experience preferred, knowledge of instructional coaching in the school setting required
Description: To provide professional development and technical assistance to local education agencies and private school systems within the Region 5 ESC area according to a needs assessment and TEA recommendations in the area of curriculum, instruction and assessment, as well as provide support to campuses in the area of Texas Lesson Study.
● Knowledge of Texas Lesson Study
● Knowledge of the TEKS Resource System
● Experience in delivering professional development and coaching in a school setting
● Knowledge of Instructional Coaching Strategies
● Ability to manage multiple tasks in a flexible manner
● Ability to work as a team member with multiple project activities
● Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
● Possess characteristics of reliability, dependability, and enthusiasm
● Knowledge of budget management
● Experience in analyzing student data and using it to improve student achievement
● Remain abreast in current technology, as it applies to job efficiency
● Knowledge of the State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide training and technical assistance in planning, implementing, and evaluating curriculum, instruction, and assessment programs for LEAs through the identification of campus needs, district needs, and regional needs.
• Maintain awareness of new and innovative programs by attending local, regional, state and/or national conferences.
• Act as a facilitator of information between TEA, LEAs, and Institutes of Higher Education, as needed.
• Write and/or manage grants for state and/or federal funding as applicable
• Participate in state-wide leadership networks and/or groups.
• Develop and maintain appropriate data to be used to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of LEA curriculum, instruction, and assessment programs.
Working Conditions: Mental Demands, Physical Demands and Environmental Factors
• Extensive Travel both in and out of region
• Multi-tasking, scheduling and meeting multiple deadlines
• Work cooperatively with a wide range of programs and personalities
• Maintain confidentiality
• The move to remote instruction has changed how employees perform their jobs and the conditions under which they carry out their duties. At some point during your employment with Region 5 ESC, it may be necessary for you to work remotely.
• You must plan and use appropriate instructional strategies, activities, and resources for distance or virtual learning that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of clients and students according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
• This may require you to be available by phone, email, or video conferencing to confer with Service Center or district personnel.
Region 5 Education Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment. All employment decisions at Region 5 Education Service Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other non-merit factor.